Rey De La Osa Publix Cooking School
1. Preheat grill to high.
2. Combine first 8 ingredients in a container and season with salt and pepper. Using an immersion blender puree.
3. Place the steaks on the grill, turning only once, grill to desired doneness.
4. Remove from the grill and let rest.
5. Slice the steaks thinly against the grain before serving. Drizzle some of the chimichurri over the steaks.
1. Slice the peeled plantains diagonally into 1″ slices.
2. Fry the slices over medium heat until they soften.
3. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
4. Mix together the garlic olive oil and chicharron or bacon. Mash the plantains a few at a time a bowl using a potato masher (never use a food processor), adding a little bit of the garlic mixture. You will have to work a few slices at a time. When all done mix all the batches together for even distribution of seasoning. Add salt if needed. This is a side dish that needs to be served warm.
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and allow to sit for 1 hour.
2. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
§ FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE & CONSUMER SERVICES REGISTRATION # CH36188 § A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800- 435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE OR ACCESSING THEIR WEBSITE AT WWW.FLORIDACONSUMERHELP.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.